Friday 8 February 2013

Music Magazine: The Industry

In looking into theorys about media, and how people consume it, there are many reasons why some people would buy my magazine:

Blumer and Kates theory from 1974 for people being interested in media like magazines  includes diversion people wanting to escape from everyday problems, also personal relationships, people want to interact, personal identity, seeing yourself in the media, also surveillance, learning and finding out new information.

In 1987 Denis Mcquail developed on these ideas, and it is because of his developments I think my magazine will appeal to some audiences

Firstly diversion - Denis Mcquail believed part of this could be filling time, my magazine could be a good distraction for a short time about life.

Secondly personal relationships - I would want my magazine to include interviews, meaning my audience could feel like they were creating a connection between them and the artist.

Thirdly personal identity - In my magazine the artists I would use I would want to be good role models, which Denis Mcquail believed finding models of behaviour was part of personal identity.

Finally surveillance - my audience will be able to find information, like what they need to do if they want to become artists themselves, or information like charts and interviews which would satisfy peoples curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment