Friday 8 February 2013

Music Magazine: Publisher's

Which Publisher would I publish my magazine with and why?

I would publish my magazine with IPC media this is because I want my magazine to be serious about the music and although it is a pop magazine I don't want it to focus on any celebrity gossip, most of the music magazines IPC publish focus on the music for example NME. Also I would go with IPC because they publish the magazine uncut which focuses on music and movies from the past and present, I also want my magazine to include music from the past and present so going with IPC they would be able to give me advice. Also Bauer Publishing is a big company and they probably wouldn't be able to give me a lot of time and advice on how to approach publishing my magazine whereas IPC is also a big company but split into 5 sections, meaning they would probably be able to give me more time. Also if I went with Bauer Publishing they have many big brand music magazines like kerrang and Mojo whereas uncut is smaller and makes IPC Media look a lot less intimidating. Finally I am aiming my magazine at women and IPC Media reaches 70% of UK women, meaning my magazine would have the potential for a wide audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment